The national-level entrance exam, the CLAT 2024 Common Law Admission Test, is organized by the Consortium of National Law Universities. It focuses on evaluating the abilities of candidates for undergraduate and postgraduate law admission in India. CLAT 2024 will be conducted on December 3, 2023. After the conclusion of the CLAT 2024 exam and result, the CLAT 2024 cutoff will be released on the official website of the Consortium of National Law Universities after each counseling round.
CLAT 2024: Important dates:
|Third week of November 2023
|CLAT Exam Date
|3rd December 2023
|Third week of December 2023
|Last week of December 2023
|CLAT Counselling and release of the cut off
|Expected in January 2024
CLAT 2024 significance:
The CLAT 2024 cutoff is needed to get into a prestigious law college. The expected date of cut-off release will likely be late January. Many factors will influence the CLAT 2024 cutoff each year. These factors include seat availability, difficulty level of the exam, number of students shortlisted, reservation policies, etc. The cutoff of CLAT 2024 are significant for students in the following ways:
- It offers students an idea of the rank they should get to secure their place in a prestigious college.
- If the cutoff is not met, then students cannot qualify for the admission to the top NLU (National Law University).
CLAT 2024 expected cut-off:
According to experts for CLAT UG, the expected cutoff will be 100 marks, and for CLAT PG, the expected cutoff will be 80+ marks. The expected CLAT-UG 2024 cutoff will be as follows:
|Expected cut off
|Current Affairs & GK
Following is the table of expected category wise CLAT Cut Off 2024 marks:
|Expected CLAT Cut Off 2024 Marks
Factors influencing the CLAT 2024 cutoff:
The following factors have consistently influenced the CLAT cutoff every year:
- Exam difficulty level: The CLAT 2024 cutoff goes higher if the examination paper is relatively easy.
- Total applicant: The CLAT cutoff goes lenient if the applications received are fewer.
- Qualifying candidates: The CLAT cutoff decreases if the number of qualifying candidates is less than the available seats.
- Number of seats: The CLAT cutoff decreases if the total number of seats increases.
- Previous year cutoff: Top NLU colleges keep their cutoff high while other NLU colleges keep their cutoff lower.
The CLAT 2024 cutoff will be influenced by the above-mentioned factors. It is expected that the cutoff will lie between 80 and 90 points. According to the different categories expected, the CLAT cutoff will vary from 95 to 100 for general and 80 to 85 for SC/ST and OBC. The official CLAT 2024 cutoff will be released after CLAT Result 2024. As the CLAT 2024 exam is scheduled for December 3, 2023, it is expected that the official cutoff will be released in late January 2024.