Table of Content
Overview of BCA program
Quick Facts about BCA program
BCA Course details
Top BCA colleges in Delhi NCR
Why should pursue BCA after 12
Skills required for BCA
Types of BCA
- Full-time BCA
- Part time BCA
- Online BCA
- Distance Education
BCA Admission process
- Form submission
- Application fee
BCA Eligibility Criteria
BCA Entrance exams
IPU BCACET 2023 important dates
BCA Subjects and Syllabus
BCA scope and Placements
- BCA Job profiles
- BCA Salary
Top BCA recruiters
Higher education after BCA
BCA course fee
Overview of BCA Program
Bachelor of Computer Application, or BCA, is the official name for the undergraduate degree program in computer applications. The BCA program is an excellent choice for those who want to excel in the field of computer technology.
It mostly focuses on software development and computer applications. Software programmers and engineers are in high demand in the sector of information technology. Students will have excellent professional options after this degree due to the growing use of computer technology.
Students learn a variety of subjects in this course, including programming languages, hardware and software, computer networks, etc. They also study how each topic is used in real-world situations. The choices available to students after finishing the BCA are varied.
To get admitted in a top BCA college in Delhi NCR, an applicant must have completed their class 12th exams from any stream and a recognized board with at least a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in order to be eligible for the BCA Admission.
The average cost of the BCA program is between INR 50,000 and 6,50,000 per year. Most private and public colleges offer Scholarships and education loan facilities to aid students in furthering their education.
BCA graduates have two options after completing the program: enroll in an MBA program or a master’s program in the same field (MCA Course). Therefore, those who are interested and qualified for a career in management can enrollin this course without a doubt.
It is believed that the BCA and the B.Tech in computer science and engineering are comparable. However, both of these courses differ in a number of ways. The BCA program lasts three years, with two semesters in each year.
Consequently, this course has a total of 6 semesters. Data structures, database systems, and computer networks are among the main topics. Students must have completed their 10+2 in the science stream to enroll in this course.
You can choose from a range of specializations including computer system analyst, database administrator, web design and development, computer science, Artificial Intelligence, big analytics data, database management, animation, multimedia, cyber security, cloud computing, etc.
English is another topic that is required. Students with a BCA degree have a wide spectrum of opportunities to work with the top reputable companies because the majority of businesses rely on computer applications.
There is no need to have any doubts about a bright future if you want to pursue the BCA and are eager to work in the field of computer applications.
You will receive comprehensive information about the BCA in this article, including information on issues like eligibility requirements, the admissions procedure, costs, the curriculum, and many more.
But first, let’s quickly recap this course before moving on.
BCA Couse Highlights
Check out the basic details of BCA program in the table below.
|BCA Full Form||Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)|
|BCA Course Duration||3 years|
|BCA Eligibility||10+2 level from any stream with English or Computer Science as core subject from a recognized board with at least scored a minimum aggregate of 50% marks|
|BCA Admission||Entrance Based or Merit Based|
|BCA Specializations||Computer Science, Database Management, Programming languages, Cloud Computing, Big Data analysis, AI, Internet Technologies, Network systems, software analyst, etc.|
|BCA Subjects||Data Structures, Hardware Lab, Operating Systems, Database Management, User Interface Design, UNIX Programming, Financial Management, etc.|
|Top entrance exams||CUET, AIMA UGAT, BUMAT, SET, IPU CET,|
|Top BCA Colleges||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, JamiaMiliaIslamia, Christ University, Symbiosis Institute of computer studies and research, St. Joseph college, St. Xavier’s college,. etc.|
|BCA Jobs||Software designer, Software developer, Programmer, System Administrator, etc.|
|BCA Fee||INR 50000 – INR 6,00,000|
|BCA Salary||2.5 – 4 LPA (Average)|
Quick facts about BCA program
- A BCA curriculum lasts three years, as opposed to a B. Tech in computer science. Therefore, BCA is a better option than B.Tech for people who do not want to pursue a lengthy education.
- The BCA course syllabus is centered solely on computers and their use. Students learn in-depth information about this field’s computer applications.
- In an IT company, a student with computer language skills is favored above a B.Tech graduate.
- Students from all streams can apply for BCA program in any specialization
- It imparts knowledge of basic and core computer skills, analytical skills, presentation skills, software testing, analysis modeling, software design and development and promotes teamwork and leadership values.
- Students can pursue this program in various modes including full-time, part-time, online and distance education.
- The salary you will receive after completing BCA program is higher as compared to other professions
- Compared to most B. Tech programs, a BCA is significantly less expensive. Despite taking three years and six semesters, this degree is very affordable.
- It provides a blend of theory, practices, and personality development programs, as well as seminars, projects, talks with business and industry professionals, and business-related problem-solving.
According to the student’s interests and career objectives, the BCA program at numerous BCA colleges in Delhi NCR offers a wide range of specialties. Every specialty makes it easier to master skills in a specific field of knowledge that falls under the same umbrella of a profession but still includes the fundamental knowledge skills taught throughout the course. All specializations share a few topics consistently.
Some popular BCA specializations available for admission are:
- Internet Technologies
- Computer Graphics
- Database Management
- Network Systems
- Programming Languages (C++, JAVA, etc.)
- Systems Analysis
- Software testing
- Music and Video Processing
- Management Information System (MIS)
- Accounting Application
- Word processing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big data analysis
- Cyber law
- Personal information management
Top BCA Colleges in India
There are several colleges that offer Bachelor of Computer Application courses, and each of them claims to be the best. As a result, picking the right institution becomes quite challenging.
You ought to select any college that meets your requirements. When choosing a college, you should pay attention to a few basic variables.
The cost of the BCA program at that college is the first thing you should take into account. Different colleges may charge different amounts for the same course. The course fees are based on a number of variables. The quality of schooling is another issue you should look at.
Compromising the quality of education is the death of career. Even if a college is slightly more expensive than others, you ought to attend it if it offers a high-quality education.
The college’s placement record is another crucial consideration while selecting a college. Pick a university with a strong placement rate.
|Institute Name||Ranking||Eligibility||Fees||Average Package|
|Christ University, Bangalore||1||Passed 10+2 with 60% marks||INR 4.07 Lakhs||INR 4.1 LPA|
|Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research, Pune||2||Passed 10+2 with 50% marks||INR 5.05 Lakhs||INR 4.1 LPA|
|Loyola College, Chennai||3||Passed 10+2 with Mathematics/Business Math/ Statistics as one of the subject||INR 1.44 Lakhs||INR 3.92 LPA|
|St Joseph’s College, Bangalore||4||Passed 10+2 with Mathematics and Commerce as compulsory subjects||INR 2.95 Lakhs||–|
|Amity Noida||5||Passed 10+2 with 50% marks and relevant subjects||INR 5.94 Lakhs||INR 4.5 LPA|
|Kristu Jayanti College, Bangalore||6||Passed 10+2 or equivalent with 40% marks and mathematics as a compulsory subject from a recognized board||INR 2.58 Lakhs||INR 5.1 LPA|
|Stella Maris College, Chennai||7||Passed 10+2 from CBSE board in any stream with math as mandatory subject||INR 1.91 Lakhs||INR 3.1 LPA|
|Madras Christian College, Chennai||8||Passed 10+2 from recognized board||INR 1.02 Lakhs||INR 2.4 LPA|
|Women’s Christian College, Chennai||9||Passed 10+2 with Math and Computer Science||INR 2.33 Lakhs||INR 2.4 LPA|
|St. Xaviers College, Ahmedabad||10||Passed 10+2 with English as a compulsory subject||INR 47,715||INR 2.2 LPA|
|DAV College, Chandigarh||11||Passed 10 with math or 10+2 with 50% marks and Mathematics and Computer Science/Information Technology as subjects||INR 1.11 Lakhs||INR 2.5 LPA|
|Jagan Institute of Management Studies, New Delhi||12||Passed 10+2 with 50% marks in best four subjects including Mathematics and English.||INR 2.59 Lakhs||INR 6.5 LPA|
|Goswami Ganesh Dutta S.D. College, Chandigarh||13||Passed 10+2 with 50% marks and Mathematics as a compulsory subject||INR 95,000||INR 5.35 LPA|
|Institute of Management Studies, Noida||14||Passed 10+2 with 50% marks||INR 4.49 Lakhs||INR 7.5 LPA|
|M S Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Bangalore||15||Class 12 with 60% marks from recognized board||–||–|
|Maharaja Surajmal Institute, New Delhi||16||Passed 10+2 with 50% marks in best four subjects including Mathematics and English.||INR 2.59 Lakhs||INR 3 LPA|
|Sri DharmasthalaManjunatheshwara College, Ujire||17||Passed in II PU Examination with 45% marks in aggregate||–||INR 2.16 LPA|
|St. Aloysius College, Mangalore||18||Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from recognized board||INR 1.24 Lakhs||INR 3 LPA|
|ITS UG Institute, Mohan Nagar, Ghaziabad||19||Passed Class 12 in any discipline with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks||INR 3.72 LPA||–|
|Presidency College, Bangalore||20||Passed 10+2 from recognized board or JODC/ Diploma in Engineering with 35% marks||INR 3.30 Lakhs||INR 3.45 LPA|
|JamiaHamdard University||45||Passed 10+2 with 50% marks and math as a compulsory subject||INR 3 Lakhs||INR 1.8 LPA|
|Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University||77||Passed 10+2 in 50% marks in group of relevant subjects||INR 1.51-3.25 Lakhs||–|
Why should pursue BCA after 12th?
Your journey to a high paying job in the IT sector starts with BCA. It is also the fastest way to reach the top of the ladder in the global employment sector. BCA is not the destination but just the beginning of a prosperous career. There are many work options available today, and more opportunities are created daily as the IT business develops. A Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) degree, one of the most adaptable degrees currently offered, can open many possibilities for you if computer applications are your area of interest.
Key reasons why you should pursue BCA program –
- A multifaceted career
- Lucrative career prospects
- Global career options
- Multiple specializations available
- An affordable undergraduate program
- Paid internships at top IT firms
- Great Networking opportunity
- BCA graduates are high in demand
- Allows students to pursue higher education in MBA, MCA, etc.
Skills required for BCA Admission
In order to succeed in their jobs, BCA students need to possess a number of crucial abilities. Professionals with high levels of skill are in high demand in the market.
Therefore, if you lack the necessary talents, you should concentrate on acquiring them. Here are some of major skills you should possess beforehand joining the BCA program:
- An eye for details
- Fast learner
- Practical application
- Problem solving
- Subject knowledge
- Analytical thinking
Types of BCA program
BCA applicants should be aware that each college has different admission requirements. While private BCA institutes have their own admissions processes, many large universities require entrance tests for admission. Government BCA colleges follow a different admissions process than private and deemed institutions.
- Academic merit is a major factor in student selection at the 10+2 level.
- Some of the Top Institutes offer BCA admission based on results from regional or national entrance exams.
- For the BCA program, universities like GGSIPU hold their own entrance examinations.
- On their official website, the institute posts their cutoff list. Candidates that make the cut are contacted for rounds of counselling or personal interviews.
BCA Lateral Entry: Qualifications
- The prerequisites for the BCA Lateral Entry course must be met by applicants who have earned a diploma and seek to enter the BCA program laterally.
- To be accepted as a lateral entry student into the BCA program, a candidate must have at least a 55% average in any subject in their class 12 or diploma.
- These applicants may be admitted to the program’s second year.
Admission to BCA in Direct Mode
Direct admission refers to selecting candidates on the basis of their higher secondary grades when determining whether or not they qualify for admission to the BCA program. The minimum age requirement for enrollment to the BCA program is 17, while the highest age requirement is 24.
Admission to BCA via Entrance Exam
BCA admissions typically involve taking a common entrance exam that is administered by the relevant universities. There are certain universities that offer dual specializations in addition to the standard program such as BCA LLB.
College or university releases cut off marks to ascertain the selection of candidates on the basis of their performance in the entrance exams.
Admission to BCA in 2023: Application Procedure
If candidates want to pursue BCA admission at colleges, they must take the steps listed below. On their official websites, the majority of colleges offer an application form for their BCA programs. It should be mentioned that the application cost must be paid online. The university might demand that applicants mail a printed copy of their application. The online application process varies amongst colleges. The following are the key stages in this process:
- Basic Registration: The vast majority of college application websites require applicants to go through a basic registration process that entails entering their name, mobile number, email address, etc. On their mobile device, the applicants will get a confirmation SMS. They must log in using the passwords specified in the SMS.
- Filling out a form: The second step can involve entering the candidates’ academic background, address, and other personal data.
- Uploading Papers: In this phase, candidates must upload scanned copies of their birth certificates, class 12 transcripts, and other necessary documents.
- Paying the Application Money: To submit the necessary application fee, candidates must use the payment option made available on the official website. The applicants must pay the application fee digitally, using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
- Print the Application Outline: In the last step, candidates may print a printed copy of the registration form.
Eligibility Criteria for BCA Admission
Understanding the requirements for admission to an institution is essential before submitting an application for the BCA Course. This is the bare minimum needed to enroll in any course.
Prior to submitting an application for the course, you must meet this criteria. As a result, it also aids in your decision-making on your course of study.
These BCA eligibility requirements are listed below. It should be remembered that the minimal requirement may vary slightly amongst colleges. However, there won’t be a significant difference.
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- A candidate must have completed their 10+2 program with a minimum cumulative score of 50% (in some situations, 60%) and English as a required subject.
- The student’s intermediate education should come from any reputable educational body.
- The BCA accepts applications from those who will be taking the 12th.
- The candidate is chosen based on their performance on both the college admission exam and the 12th grade exam.
- Some colleges accept entrance examinations from around the country, while others have their own entrance exams.
- The candidate’s performance in the 12th grade exam and the marks received by applicants in the entrance exam are used to determine the merit.
- The age limit is between 17-25 years.
BCA Entrance Exams
Candidates who wish to apply for admission to the BCA program must be eligible to sit for the entrance exam. Entrance tests are held by various institutions to admit competent students. These entrance exams will determine which applicants will move to individual interviews and group discussions. The final selection procedure includes a group discussion and a personal interview that authorize the candidate’s admission to the course.
The following is a list of popular BCA entrance tests and the organizations that conducts them:
|Exam||Conducting Body||Application Date||Exam Date||No. of Questions|
|Management Aptitude Test (BU MAT)||Bharatiya Vidyapeeth University, Pune||Starts – Anytime soon
Ends – Third week of Jun 2023
|Fourth Week of June||200|
|Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning Admissions Test (SSSIHLAT)||Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning||Starts – Mar 2023
Ends – July 2023
|RAMA University Entrance Test (RUET)||Rama University, Uttar Pradesh||Starts – second week of Apr 2023
Ends – July 2023
|Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPU-CET)||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University||Starts – 4 Mar 2023
Ends – 31 May 2023
|Online Mode: 18-25 June 2023
Offline Mode: 2-3 July 2023
|Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET)||Symbiosis International University||Starts – 16 Dec 2022
Ends – 12 Apr 2023
|6 – 14 May 2023||150|
|North Maharashtra University Undergraduate Common Entrance Test (NMU UG CET)||North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon||Starts – 1st week of Jun 2023
Ends – Last week of Jun 2023
|2nd week of July 2023||50|
|Gitam Science Admissions Test (GSAT)||Gitam University||Starts – Mar 2023
Ends – Jun 2023
|Lucknow University Computer Science Admission Test (LUCSAT)||Lucknow University||Starts – Jun 2023
Ends – July 2023
|AIMA UGAT||All India Management Association||Starts – Anytime soon
Ends – 28 Apr 2023
|6 May 2023||180|
The complete BCA Course consists of six semesters, with two semesters taking place in the first year and the remaining four in the second and third. Candidates must satisfy the requirements separately for each semester.
The syllabus will give potential students who want to enroll in this course a rough idea of the topics that will be covered.
Depending on the institutions and universities, the BCA course syllabus varies. There are several different elective subjects offered throughout the term. However, the basic disciplines are the same across all universities that offer this program.
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Introduction to C Programming||The advanced concept in C Programming|
|Basics of Digital Electronics||Computer Hardware and Troubleshooting|
|Fundamentals of Information Technology||Organizational Behavior|
|Environmental Studies||System analysis and Design|
|Mathematics in Computer Application||Graph Theory|
|English – I||Values and Ethics|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|Computer Organization||Basics of Computer Network|
|Operating Systems||Database Management System|
|Web and its Applications||Web Designing|
|Principles of Data Structure||Introduction to Software Engineering|
|English – II||Communication Practices – 1|
|Introduction to LINUX||–|
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
|Object-oriented design using JAVA||Introduction to PHP|
|DE – 1||DE – 3|
|DE – 2||DE – 4|
|Essentials of Digital Marketing||Project|
BCA Scope and Placement
The country’s largest employer is the information technology industry, which is projected to expand in the years to come. As a result, there is a huge increase in the demand for IT specialists. As a result, skills like programming, networking, development, and other skills are emphasized in the BCA degree programs. For individuals who are not afraid to put in a lot of effort and who are constantly eager to learn, this field is great. You might be shocked to learn that a three-year BCA degree can be just as valuable as a four-year B.Tech degree.
The BCA’s scope is very broad, and this degree program is great for learning about some fascinating topics like software engineering, database management systems, mathematics, computer networking, and programming. Aside from these fundamental disciplines, one may opt to study any of the many different subjects available.
- Many businesses, MNCs, and organizations hire BCA graduates. Infosys, TCS, Tech Mahindra, Wipro, HCL Technologies, Capgemini, and other leading MNCs are a few of the top employers of BCA graduates.
- Depending on the abilities BCA graduates acquired during the program, they have a wide range of job opportunities, including those as a web designer, system manager, software developer, computer programmer, software tester, etc.
- One can start their career off on a solid financial footing with a BCA degree. The average for fresher can be anywhere between INR 4-8 per year. A little experience of 3-4 years may boost this income to a whopping INR 10-15 per year.
- After earning a BCA, students may choose to continue their study by enrolling in MCA (Master of Computer Application) degree to advance their knowledge of computers and programming. The pupils will undoubtedly be able to receive a better compensation package thanks to this.
Job profile and salary for BCA graduates
Depending on the employment that follow a BCA, a fresher’s income in India could start from INR 5 LPA. However, the pay ranges may differ according on the sectors, industries, cities, and level of expertise a candidate possess. For instance, the typical BCA salary in Bangalore and Kolkata will vary by a specific proportion.
Following is a list of some well-known BCA jobs together with average starting salaries:
|System Engineer||INR 4-5 Lakh|
|System analyst||INR 7 Lakh|
|Software Tester||INR 3-7 Lakh|
|Technical Associate||INR 3- 7 Lakh|
|Junior Programmer||INR 4-6 Lakh|
|Web Developer||INR 5- 8 Lakh|
|System Administrator||INR 3-8 Lakh|
|Software Developer||INR 5-10 Lakh|
|Web Designer||INR 4-10 Lakh|
|Network Administrator||INR 4-8 Lakh|
|Computer Programmer||INR 5-12 Lakh|
|System Manager||INR 6-12 Lakh|
|IT Technical Support||INR 3-8 Lakh|
|Customer Support Technician||INR 2-6 Lakh|
Top recruiters of BCA graduates
Below the list of some prestigious companies is given that recruits BCA graduates:
|Syntel||Hexaware Technologies Ltd.|
Higher Education after BCA
Students who desire to become experts in their fields can pursue post-graduate programs after completing BCA. You will acquire in-depth knowledge and expertise in your field of specialization in this way.
You will benefit from this post-graduation in terms of your career. You will be able to apply for higher job responsibilities after completing these courses.
- MCA stands for Master of Computer Application; this is a graduate-level study. Following the BCA, students may select this subject. For BCA students, this is a specialization course. You’ll get in-depth information on a particular subject. You will be able to obtain higher employment options after completing this course.
- After graduating, students may select a master’s in business administration (MBA) course. This course will provide you information about the management division. If you continue with this course after receiving your BCA, you will gain knowledge in two separate fields. Your career will benefit greatly from this.
- In this specialty course, “Master in Computer Management,” you will learn about several facets of computer management. In your graduation course, you studied computer application, but in this course, you’ll learn a lot more about how to manage it. You pick up abilities in this course that will be highly useful in your profession.
The cost of BCA varies depending on colleges and institutions. Govt. colleges are more affordable in this context but private colleges may charge you a hefty amount.
Comparatively speaking, Govt. colleges are less expensive than private engineering degrees. In government universities, BCA tuition typically ranges from 30,000 to 2,50,000 Indian rupees.
|Ambedkar Institute of Technology||INR 35,000|
|Aliah University||INR 39,900|
|Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda||INR 54,920|
|JC Bose University of Science and Technology||INR 2,18,605|
|St Joseph’s College||INR 34,000|
|JamiaHamdard University||INR 1,25,000|
|St Bede College||INR 44,400|
|Lalit Narayan Mishra Institute of Economic Development and Social Change||INR 1,60,000|
|Mahatma Gandhi University||INR 37,500|
Q1. What is the full name of BCA?
BCA stands for bachelor of computer applications.
Q2. What subjects are necessary for BCA admission in Class 12?
Students from any background, including science, business, and the arts, are welcome to enroll in a BCA course.
Q3. What is BCA Eligibility?
The minimum requirement for BCA eligibility in Class 12 in any stream is 50%. The required minimum aggregate can range from 45% to 60% depending on the college.
Q4. What disciplines are taught in BCA courses?
The main components of a BCA degree are DBMS, networking, web scripting, and key programming languages including Java, C++, and Python. These classes focus more on topics like computer applications and programming languages.
Q5. What is the cost for BCA courses?
The cost of a BCA course varies from institution to institution. The typical range is between INR 80,000 and 150,000. In comparison to private colleges and universities, government-affiliated institutions typically charge lower overall fees.