What is the B. Com full form?
Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) is a three-year undergraduate course available to students who have passed their 12th grade. Students who earn a B.com degree gain a comprehensive understanding of business as well as a deep understanding of finance and accounting.
B. Com subjects that students will learn during their curriculum includes management, taxation, finance, statistics, and other facets of this subject of study. Regular, distance, and online versions of the course are all offered. Regular, online, and distant degrees all have identical validity, according to UGC criteria. However, it is preferred to pursue B. Com from a regular colleges because of the internship, scholarships and placement benefits attached to it.
B. Com Overview Quick Facts
Here is a quick overview of B. Com program
|B. Com Full Form||Bachelor of Commerce|
|B. Com Course Fee||INR 50000-1.50000|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 from a recognized board|
|Admission process||Merit based – entrance based|
|Starting Salary Package||INR 3-6 LPA|
Why should I pursue a bachelor’s degree in commerce?
The motivation for studying B. Com is determined by the type of career you wish to pursue in the future. B. Com full form is Bachelor of Commerce that provides students education in financial sector and comes with the following benefits:
- Com is ideal for students who want to learn more about business tactics, finance, and accounting.
- Students can study B.Com in a wide range of specializations.
- Com will open doors to a variety of employment opportunities in the fields of commerce and management.
B. Com Eligibility Criteria
Most colleges offer a Bachelor of Commerce degree in both regular and remote learning formats. However, while the eligibility criteria for distance B. Com and conventional B. Com are nearly same, distance B. Com admission is still easier. The following are the requirements for a distance B.Com:
- Candidates must have completed all 10 + 2 exams from a recognized board.
- Candidates must have completed 10 + 2 with subjects such as Economics, Business, Maths/optional subject, and English from a Commerce stream.
- For online B. Com courses, most universities do not have an age limit.
Note that certain colleges need normal B. Com students to take entrance tests.
Do I need to take any B. Com entrance exams?
Online B. Com does not require an entrance exam, and most universities offer merit-based admission to regular B. Com program. However, some colleges require you to take entrance tests in order to be admitted to the B. Com program.
Which B. Com course is best?
You must take the B. Com specialization you feel best for your career growth. There are many specializations in B. Com that students can pursue depending on their career goals and ambitions.
- Com degrees come in a variety of specializations, allowing students to specialize in fields that they are passionate about. Colleges provide B. Com in range of branches of studies order to provide in-depth knowledge of subjects related to financial sector. The following are some of the most popular B. Com specializations:
- Com in Advertising and Sales Management
- Com in Computer Application
- Com in Foreign Trade
- Com in E-Commerce
- Com in Honors
- Com in Office Management
- Com in Tax Procedure
What is the B. Com Course Fee?
The average B. Com course fee is between INR 50,000 and INR 1,00,000. The cost of the course varies depending on the college or university, although pursuing an online B. Com is likely to be less expensive.
Is it possible for me to acquire a scholarship for B. Com admission?
Some colleges offer scholarships to students who meet certain conditions. The following are examples of college scholarships that students are likely to receive:
- Scholarships awarded on the basis of merit
- Scholarships for people who fall under the reserved categories of SC, ST, and OBC.
- Scholarships for siblings of defense staff
What is the average salary of B. Com grads?
Bachelor of Commerce (B. Com) degrees are offered in both private and State universities and colleges of India, and they provide a wide range of future employment choices. The B. Com course fee varies from college to college. B. Com program is offered in a variety of specializations, with students earning between INR 4- 6 lakh in practically every specialization. You can boost your earnings by combining B. Com with courses like CA and CS.
|B. Com Jobs||Average Salary (in INR)|
|Junior Accountant||1.75 LPA|
|Account Executive||2.5 LPA|
|Business Executive||3 LPA|
|Financial Analyst||3.7 LPA|
|Tax Consultant||4.5 LPA|
|Financial Consultant||5 LPA|
|Accounts Manager||5.8 LPA|
|Business Consultant||9 LPA|
- Com graduates are hired for a range of entry-level positions in an organization’s finance, accounting, banking, commerce, human resources, and administrative departments. Along with banks and insurance organizations, B. Com graduates are also employed by accounting and auditing corporations.
|B Com Top Recruiters|
|SBI||Punjab National Bank|
|Ernest & Young||TFC|
|LIC||New India Assurance|
|Bajaj Allianz||United India Insurance|
|HDFC Life||ICICI Prudential|
|Kotak Life||Max Bupa|
BCom Scope and Career Opportunities
The Bachelor of Commerce (B. Com) degree gives you a firm grasp on the fundamentals of commerce, finance, accounting, and business.
As a result, students have a lot of options for professions in banking, management, marketing, accounting, and other disciplines. Students can enroll in PG courses such as MBA and M.Com, or look forward to ICWAI, CA, and CS after completing B. Com from a reputed college like KCC Institute of Legal and Higher Education.
If you wish to get a job directly after finishing your B. Com program, you can apply for positions like these:
- Business Consultants
- Certified Public Accountant
- Chief Financial Officer
- Budget Analysts
- Business Operation Manager
- Chartered Management Accountant
- Investment Banker
In the end, B. Com is an old and ambitious degree program for students who have a passion to learn about the financial sector and make the most of their career. Many colleges offer B. Com program with placement opportunities and a salary package of 4-5 LPA.